Sunday, January 18, 2009

Marley and Me

If you think that this post is anything about the movie, then I'm sorry to disappoint you. Though the movie is the reason that it has been written, I am leaving it upon you to see how and what the movie actually is.

We never had pets. One of the reason being the belief of my father that he wont be able to accommodate one more animal in the house after me and my brother. Now that I am away from my family and maybe would be starting my own in a couple of years, I think whether I would be having one. I have always read, heard and even seen that pets bring a lot of joy and happiness into people's life and somehow manage to disturb the stagnancy which often creeps in monotonous lives. If I would really be ready to have one at some point in my life, is really a point with lot of ambiguity.

The one and only apparent reason which I can see stopping me to take that step would be the fear of loss. Against the advice of wise men, I often get attached to small things; living and non living. And when I loose them, I am not able to get over them for a long period of time. Though I have not experienced a loss of anything "living" till now, but the fact that the loss of a non-breathing object imparts such a pain inside me, really scares the hell out of me when I think about the former kind of loss. I know for sure that it would be heart breaking and maybe remain inside me for a long time. So to be safe and sure, I don't think I would take such a chance ever.

Well, life is a anything but predictable. Who knows one day a post comes up on this blog describing how much fun a pet has brought into my life. As of now, it seems a distant possibility. Whatever future has in store, I would always remember these lines from the movie (not the exact wordings) -

How many people in this world make you feel special? How many make you feel extraordinary? How many of them love you the way you are? A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.

0 Human response(s):