Monday, September 08, 2008

Give me the truth

Sometimes I try to give meaning to all this happening around me, or rather to all that I am doing. Each passing day adds a million more moments to my life, scores of more memories. Some of which will cling with me for a lifetime and some which will fade away sooner than I will ever realize. I am "living" this life each passing day.

Living - now that is an interesting thing to do. We live; through a hundred different things we do - by going to our job, by eating three times a day, by talking to our friends, by being with our family (lucky few), by having sex when we want to (applicable to yet fewer), by spending money on things we wish to have, by being happy in our loved ones' happiness, by being sad in their sorrow. Each of our lives is a sum of some or all of these sundry activities which supposedly define our life.

A week back we were in school, a couple of days earlier we were enjoying in college and it was only yesterday when we stepped in our first office. Time's running away so quickly. I cant slow it down even if I want to. Tomorrow, it will be time to get married; let someone else enter your personal space and scan through what all has happened with you till date and then ask questions. Then, spend a day explaining to her about things you don't even remember happened sometime in your life and before you can realize, the day is over and you are going to be a father. Then spend another week taking care of your children and suddenly when the weekend passes by you find yourself sitting in an armchair enjoying your retirement and reflecting upon the way you "lived" your life.

Why are you doing this? Why am "I" doing this? Why are we just moving around in this endless loop ? Just because an ideal man should do all this to be a part of the society, I too am obliged to follow it? Where am I in all this? Where does my opinion matter among all these rules and predefined structs of a civilized human society?

I see people lying in ruins on the sidewalks, I see others fixing a crappy nuclear deal somewhere, I see yet more being ruled by their spouses and yet managing to be "happy", and then some more fighting for packets of food standing in waist high flood waters. What? What are you doing? Why are you sleeping?

Dont give me this shit. Dont give me love, respect, emotions, money, relationships !! Dont give me tears, smiles, laughters, screams & moanings!! Dont give me dads, moms, uncles & cousins!! Dont give me Ram, Rahim or Jesus!!

Give me the truth. Yes !! Give me the truth.

2 Human response(s):

Unknown said...

There is one basic rule when it comes to living "Don't ask questions". The fewer you ask, the happier you are.

And I am wrong.

PS: Sort of liked the post though its a bit abstract.

Anonymous said...

You want the truth. Here is the truth...

We have nothing to prove to nobody. If you are happy with your life you are suppose to be the way you are and you have no right to spoil things for yourselves. And if you are not happy with what is happening then you are the best one who knows what is to be done to fix things up. And you will have to do the "right thing" even if the whole world blames you.


It is the life which is more important. Not what he will think or she will think if i do this or do that.
I would say the concept Ideal man is more of an Utopian Crap. You cannot point out somebody and say here "it" is "The Ideal Man".
The truth is nobody wants to be 'ideal'. We are forced to believe that there exists an ideal and to follow his path. But may be the ideal is to beat paths that you want to take.

I think you are not that nobody.............. At least for me You are somebody :P