Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Adrak House




Here I provide an inspired translation of the Spanish article which was published in a local Gourmet magazine called "Sobremesa". Hope it all makes sense ;)


"Pratosh, the creator of the concept and owner of the restaurant, is passionate about the traditional cuisine of India, a cuisine that he has inherited from his mother and his native country. Through Adrak House Pratosh has created a gourmet, modern interpretation of traditional Indian cuisine, to satisfy the delicate taste buds of people in Puebla. The majority of delicacies served are signature & original recipes of Pratosh"


My entire culinary experience is an inheritance left to me by my late mother. My family is completely vegetarian; the first 25 years of my life I was a vegetarian, until I arrived to Mexico and tasted the tacos.
In India being a vegetarian is not a problem, as there are innumerable veg options. The majority of Indians is vegetarian but the consumption of chicken and lamb is also pretty common.
When I started cooking for my friends in Mexico, they often asked me to cook some non-veg curry. It was then when I thought about a new curry with pork, which is one of the recipes that we have today in Adrak House: Curry of pork ribs with Bamboo.
There are a couple of spices we can get locally in Mexico, but the majority of them are directly imported from India, as is the case with Basmati rice and a variety of lentils.
The concept was created in order to bring the original Indian flavors to the Mexican table. I have been in almost every Indian restaurant which exists in the country and it used to make me feel bad that none of the were doing justice to the rich and tasteful Indian cuisine. The driving force behind Adrak House are authentic ingredients, traditional cooking techniques, recipes inspired by the heart of Indian food and the ever strong connection I would always have with my late mother.


The main inspiration to create Adrak House is the love that I have for the food

3 Human response(s):

aks said...

This is really nice mate. One day you'll have to make your signature dish for me, like you used to do at your place in Delhi :)

Pratosh Dwivedi said...

Sure I will. I can foresee two of us living in the same city, somewhere in the world, someday in the future. Not it down somewhere :)

Rohit Malik said...

Ur the inspiration to many others,love to see you growing with your passion....