Thursday, March 15, 2007

The BIG choice

A time comes in our life when we need to decide on something BIG. Where we have two options to choose from, whose degree of temptation is inversely proportional to the degree of benefit they can bring to you. And most of us just do the utterly predictable, go after the more luring one. There can be many reasons for us to act this way. Firstly, we might be naive enough not to see the real good thing. Secondly, we choose one over the other cauz the former is giving instantaneous rewards or just because the first is a much easier way to walk on. But the future is always uncertain. You never know where that choice of yours can lead you to. Honestly speaking, as everyone of us has realized at some point in our lives, we are nothing but the choices we make. I chose to write a blog at this point of time, thats why I'm letting people know whats going on in my mind. You chose to read it, so you wasted 5 precious minutes of your life on this useless thing.

I, like everyone else, am confronted with a lot of choices daily. But as self loathing as it can get, i never embark upon the correct ones. Knowing whats wrong and what right or rather what'll make me happy and what'll sadden me, i seldom choose the correct path. I have in a way found happiness and solace in self contempt. I have found peace with the feeling of not doing anything. Even after knowing that the path I'm walking on wont lead me anywhere, I'm happily toddling on it. Maybe one day I'll die with my dreams buried in my heart. Only because i didn't have enough courage and will to pursue them.

1 Human response(s):

Navneet said...

Life is a series of choices. One makes choices according to what he feels at that moment is right. If you make a choice conciously then that is what you want. Even later on that choice comes out to be incorrect you will never regret. Because it was what you wanted. No one regret if there is a divorce after love marriage because that was what they wanted. But arranged marriages are a regret for life time as they are done in influence of parents. Recall your past. Do you regret what you did? which you wanted to do? But you regret what you wrong you have done with you following others. Second kind of regret is - later you think you didn't followed the others advice. Just make choices conciously. Have courage to be what you are. There should not be any such thing as; that is how you should be or that is how your life should be. Where ever you have to put effort; simply understand - this is not what you want in your deep. Don't want to die with your dream buried in your heart? Be ready to be known as a fool. Society compliant people die like that.