Wednesday, February 27, 2008

18 + 7 = 25 & 25 +1 = 26


I am 26 years young today. 26 long years I have spent from the day I was born; that’s almost half of the total number of years I am probably going to live. Apart from one truth for which I remind myself again and again- I-am-getting-old – there are hundred other things which are crossing my mind today

  • What exactly I have done in these 26 years?
  • Can I really say that I have “lived” all this time?
  • Where do I exactly stand given my past and keeping my future in perspective?

Believe me, I get very interesting (sometimes funny too) answers when I ask these questions from myself. So much has happened in this time that Its hard to believe I really lived through all that. While there are things for which I find myself too young there are still others which have embedded a lot of maturity in me.

At this juncture I just stand still; wondering what’s next. I distinctly remember the day I turned 19. At that time I missed not being 18 anymore. I get more or less the same feeling today – I-miss-being-25 – feeling. 26 somehow sounds a lot more “old”; 25 was a bit respectableJ. I suppose the next time I will get the same feeling, I would be 51.

Anyways, it’s yet another “happy” birthday & everyone except me is excited about it. Maybe all these years have drained out the emotion of “Birthday excitement” from my heart. This day has now started bringing in more worries than happiness. Maybe its momentary or maybe I am just thinking too much. Whatever it is, on this day, 26 years ago, I made my entry and I will make sure that time before the exit will be worth remembering; not only for me but for everyone who is somehow connected to this “26 year old”

7 Human response(s):

Anonymous said...

A huge contradiction in the beginning itsel... :) U claim to be 26 years 'young', but immediately you say 'long years'... Somehow that doesnt hold well together...

Also...Just a passing comment.. or, if u please, an advice...The time you spend asking yourself all these questions is more time you add to the negative side of your balance sheet for the second question among the 3 bulleted ones... Be aware...

Anonymous said...

A huge contradiction in the beginning itsel... :) U claim to be 26 years 'young', but immediately you say 'long years'... Somehow that doesnt hold well together...

Also...Just a passing comment.. or, if u please, an advice...The time you spend asking yourself all these questions is more time you add to the negative side of your balance sheet for the second question among the 3 bulleted ones... Be aware...

Esther said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Mr.Pratosh Dwivedi, a person always thinks about his negative side of the life, it’s high time that you need to stop all these things. On this day, instead of having all these stupid thoughts, its time to think about your positives and the things you have done till now, which will make you to reach your goal soon. Instead of saying that you didn’t do anything in these so called ’26 years’, list the things u did. Your main ambition might be still in progress but it doesn’t mean that you didn’t do anything useful.

Shall I list it for you?

· Your so-called MBA, your ambition - some people ‘think’ about their ambitions but wont plan accordingly. Some people ‘plan’ it but wont act for it. Some goes further, ‘act’ but wont get the exact output. Only less number of people works hard and gets the result out of it. Listen here, you are in the last category. Taking time for achieving doesn’t mean that they wont achieve it; rather they are molding themselves for the best.

· Chit Chat Blog - You started your chitchat blog in 2006, 2 years ago, when you were in 24. –The blog shows your excellent writing skill and you cant disagree the fact that so many people are impressed by it.

· Image Blog - You started your image blog on 17th December 2007 and as you insisted in your blog, you are posting the images daily – you cant say no if I say that you got so many appreciations and comments by the people who see it. Also so many times you were happy to see your photography skill, which even for a good learner will take time to show it.

This comment place is not enough to tell everything. Always dont stick into your darker side of your life...

Try to come out of these thoughts and live a clear, optimistic life; your ambitions are very near to achieve.

I wish you will lead a NEW life with all your +ve thoughts... All the best for your Optimistic Future...! :)

"The best discovery of your lifetime is ‘Yourself' ".

Fonceur said...

well said Anon..

I have been keeping on saying this guy about this.

But what i have noticed is that he is living a different life on the blog. In real life I have never seen him deppressed* or pesimistic. Also he is very optimistic about his MBA. And i am sure He will touch heights one day.



* Conditions Apply

Esther said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bossy Bee said...

Dude don't try to be a cynic you aren't one so enjoy the 26 and all the days and years to come.Wish you a good life ahead.