Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I lost it

Last Saturday, I lost my camera. Many would think why it deserves a blog post, but I really need to pen this down as it a BIG loss to me.

As people who are close to me would know, my camera was very important for me and it was something I can’t imagine living without. I used to carry it everywhere, during outings, while going for a walk, while going for shopping to the local supermarket. Now I miss it. I miss it more than I have missed any other thing I ever lost. I curse myself for my carelessness but there is little I can do now.

It happened last weekend when I went for a party. We were waiting on the roadside for some friends to arrive when I kept my camera next to me on the pavement where we were sitting. Later when we got up and started walking towards the place, I realized I don’t have the camera with me. I ran back towards the place where we were sitting, but it was too late. In an interval of 1 minute, someone had taken it. Being a busy sidewalk, I lost all hopes of running and finding the person who took it.

I was totally lost, not able to think what exactly has happened. I didn’t want to spoil the evening of others so I just walked towards the disco with a blank mind. I couldn’t believe what has happened and the feeling of the loss was still to sink in. I couldn’t enjoy even a bit at the disco and somehow managed to do away with the night.

Now that it has been 3 days since it happened, the thing has finally got into my mind. I know my camera is no longer with me. I know I can get a new one, but I can never get the same one back. I’ve had such a nice time with it, taking photos of every imaginable thing. It has been the life of my image blog & now that it is gone, I don’t know how I will manage without it.

My Sony DSC H2 – 17th Oct’07 to 17th May’08

0 Human response(s):