Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Maybe, I AM careless

Though I’ve been tagged of being careless for a long time now, but only recently I have started realizing that it might actually be true. The reason for this, I suppose, is that my luck has stopped favoring me now.

My luck was so much attached to me that I had started taking it for granted. A few examples for this would be:

  • Many times I left the key plugged into my bike for the whole night while my bike was standing outside my house only to find it again safe at it’s place in the morning.
  • Many times I have left the registration and ownership documents of my bike at places where no one can expect to find them again, only to retrieve them safely.
  • I have left my watch & wallet and all imaginable places but never did I lose them till date.

But now I have started realizing that maybe I need to be more careful with myself and with the things I do. A few things which made me think around this point are

  • I cut my thumb deeply a couple of days back, while chopping onions.
  • The other day, I spilled the glass of juice all over the dining table to the discomfort of me and others seated around.
  • I dropped a big meat chopping knife almost on my foot and was lucky to get away with it.
  • I spilled a pan filled with oil on the kitchen slab, cauz I though that the pan is empty and just swung it in the air while picking it up.
  • At the greatest of all, I lost my camera a couple of days back.

I hate it when people call me careless. I find it too much insulting to bear & accept. Also, I hate it when people see me with accusing and blaming eyes when I do something careless. Most of the times when I’m accused of it, I become highly defensive and give all types of arguments in my favor. But after the loss of my camera, I really have started thinking that something is wrong with me. I certainly need to be more careful with how I am handling things and be a bit more vigilant with things happening around me. But this thought has started creating a sense of nervousness now. Each time I leave my seat or de-board a bus I get a chill down my spine, as if I left something behind. I start checking if everything is there, my wallet, cell-phone, watch. It is as if I have lost all confidence in myself, the confidence of keeping things safe.

It sounds stupid and silly, but it really is happening. In an effort to get rid of my carelessness, I am inducing a hint of freakish behavior inside me. I hope I get over this soon.

2 Human response(s):

Anonymous said...

A new decision is always difficult to implement..maybe its the determination to do it that makes you freakish...I am sure you will get over it...
Besides, it is ok to be make mistakes once in a while...only thing is, it shouldnt be a mistake which you make over and over again...You need to learn fom a mistake and prevent it the next time... When you get so defensive that you refuse to acknowledge your mistake, you are in fact losing out on the learning from the same... Also, many times it happens that a mistake is not ours, but a prevention was possible from our side...here too, you benefit from the learning...because it is very much possible to learn from other people's mistakes too...
I am glad that you have decided to stop thinking of these instances as accusations against you and started using these as ways to better yourself... good going, boss! :)

Prads said...

sorry to hear yaar...really i know how much u struggled to buy that camera....