Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Apna Sapna – Money Money

Why is money so important in life? No matter what we say, no matter how unworldly we consider our selves, no matter how detached we project ourselves from material bonding, all of us need “more” money. Till now, the extent to which money mattered in my life was that I needed it for eating out, going for movies & some occasional gifting. Everything else was taken care by my mom and dad. But now as I have got a tag of “Self proficient” pasted on my forehead, the entire headache is mine. Now I have to think about where and how much to spend. How I’ll manage my savings, where shall I invest, how to save tax and all other monetary crap. Also, most importantly I have started worrying about how much others are spending and earning. OMG, Aakash has got a bonus. Holy shit, Pradeep gets 10k as allowance every month, and the list goes on.

Is that really worth thinking? How does it matter who is earning how much? Will they give me something if they earn so much? Or will I start earning more if I keep on worrying bout their earnings? But we tend to think this way, no matter how much we denounce the thought. Money is one thing which is the source of around 75% of our daily quota of worrisome thoughts. (Remember that old saying? All the feuds in this world have two main causes – money & woman). Everyone is thinking how to earn more, save more and at the same time, to spend no less. Shall I put my money in Stocks … shall I invest it in gold … shall I put it in real estate … blah blah blah …

Its been 2 years now (Approx 21 salaries) since I’m earning, and to be absolutely honest, I haven’t invested even a single rupee anywhere. Maybe this financial wisdom has not dawning upon me yet. Waiting for the time I’ll start saving … for a better future. All this reminds me of one very funny quote “Saving policies ensure that u save your entire life, living miserly, so that eventually, you die rich”

0 Human response(s):