Monday, December 24, 2007

The joy of being 'me'

25kms and roughly 6 hours – that’s the stats of how much I walked today. Usually I keep my Sundays to sleep and to watch movies. But today I thought of breaking the old schedule. I decided to go and out and find some nice shots for my photo albums. I started from the hotel at 12:30 in the afternoon without deciding upon the destination. I just started walking on a known path, the way to Walmart, where I go each weekend. I walked and walked and then I walked some more. Finally I stopped at a local mall, when I couldn’t stand my hunger. I had a pizza, drank a cold cappuccino, had a look around for some camera prices and then decided to walk back again. It was roughly 3hr-a-side trip, a tiring but a very special one.

Today I remembered many things, which perhaps I forgot in this fast pace of life. I remembered walking with my shadow again, as I used to do when I was a kid. To watch it change its shape & size as the day passes by and to try running and leaving it behind. Check out my image blog to see a photo I clicked with my shadow today.
I realized how much fun it is to talk to yourself and discuss all those doubts you are having for almost forever and to find out, quite amazingly, that all the answers to those doubts are actually with you only. You just need to ask yourself.
I realized how I completely forgot the joy of walking on narrow elevated part of the footpath without falling down, with my hands spread in the air. How I forgot the touch of cool evening wind hitting against my face and the beautiful yellow touch that the setting sun gives to the sky above.

I was a child today, the way I used to be when my mother used to pick me up from the school and take me back to home. I was eating, singing, shaking to the beats of lovely ‘Lucky Ali’ songs, climbing on road-side railings, shooing away the birds perched on the ground, jumping and trying to touch the high branches of trees – all while walking the whole day out. I didn’t care if anyone is watching; I was just completely lost in the rediscovered joy. I almost walked through the small city of Puebla, without a tinge of tiredness.

Maybe I should take out some time for myself a bit more often; maybe all of us should try and do that. Believe me, its fun.

3 Human response(s):

Fonceur said...

See..

I told you my friend i told you..

Pratosh Dwivedi said...

u told me?? what?

And WTH u r not online?

grace said...

Hey brother even I am pratosh check out my blog just in case you find any time trainathomecom.blogspot.com or you can even direct message me via Instagram its_pratosh